While writing reviews I usually try to get rid of emotions and to be as objective as possible. But today, I am afraid, there is no way for me to be objective, as my dream came true and my designs were published for the first time! And in such a beautiful edition.
“Yarn” book-a-zine is published by Scheepjes and all designs use their yarns. The first issue was inspired by the sea (and it is actually called “The Sea Issue”) with everything related to this topic. So if you are as much in love with the sea as I am, this book-a-zine is right for you.
There are 13 crochet, knitting and even macramé patterns collected together, along with interesting articles about how to choose cotton yarn, Scheepjes story and inspiring insights into designer’s work and creative process.
Honestly, I enjoyed every single page, and not because two of my designs are featured (and my knitted top is on both front and back covers, yay!!). But I enjoyed the whole concept and quality of this edition. Every detail was taken into consideration, the photography is amazing and the whole issue is “tied” with one and the same color scheme.
Here are a few interesting facts about “Yarn”:
- “Yarn” has the size of a computer tablet and perfectly fits the handbag. And in fact it looks and feels more like a book (with 74 pages), than a magazine. Though at the magazine’s price – €6.95/ £4.95.
- Both copies in English and Dutch are available.
- It is published on a thick matte paper. The pages are not glued, but stitched and it allows the book-a-zine to lay almost flat.
- There are several blank pages for you to make notes or even use them as inspiration boards.
- At the back you will find a very practical flap with all the abbreviations used in the patterns. So every time you knit or crochet something, you have all abbreviations in one place. And there are also punched holes for your yarn samples.
Two my designs are featured in the first issue – an airy and light Striped Top made with Rhythm Alpaca and Mohair yarns. It is a variation of my first ever knitted Blue Feather Sweater. By the way there is a ready kit with all yarns and beads available for purchase at Paradise Fibers* (US). And Stepping Stones (made with Mini Noodle* T-shirt yarn) which are actually the covers for ready poufs. For example they perfectly suit ALSEDA poufs from IKEA.
And I have my own favourites. For example this summer sweater with open back desinged by Annelies Baes from Vicarno! I definitely need it in my own life (and I still hope we will find an opportunity to go to the sea this summer...).
I don’t really know what else I can say about this wonderful publication. You better grab your own copy and read it yourself :) Book-a-zine “Yarn” is available for purchase HERE on Wool Warehouse* (international shipping), HERE at Paradise Fibers* (US) and in local Scheepjes shops. Enjoy!!
You can subscribe to weekly newsletter not to miss a single post. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.
*This blog post contains affiliate links. Thanks for your support!