DISCLOSURE: This blog contains affiliate links (marked with *). If you purchase a product via a link on my blog, I get a small percentage contribution from the store which enables me to keep providing you with free patterns. It costs you nothing extra to visit the store via my link, but ensure I get the credit for the sale. Thank you for your support!
Peacock Tail Bag is presented in two different color ways. I wanted to make one of them in true peacock (deep) colors. And then duplicated the bag in pastel palette. In my opinion Linen Soft yarn is the best choice for this bag design. And I am very thankful to Scheepjes (and DeBondt) for sponsoring me with yarns and other materials and supplies. Please, check all information about this CAL HERE.
If you would like to have all of them in one place (except of sewing pins, tapestry needle, sewing thread and crochet hook) – purchasing the kit will be the best option. As I’ve already mentioned, kits are available for purchase via Wool Warehouse* (with international shipping) and De Breibar (NL).
Every kit includes:
1. Yarn. Every kit contains 5 shades of Linen Soft yarn – 6 skeins in total. If you have never tried this yarn – please, read my review HERE.
2. Bag handle. It might be tricky to find appropriate handle for a crocheted bag and it took me some time before I chose one. I decided to use combined strap long enough to wear the bag as a crossbody. The handle’s length is easily adjustable. And I just love combination of chain and faux leather braid (black for deep version, and cream for pastel).
3. Fabric Lining. I believe that crocheted bags get a more professional look and a better hang when they are lined with fabric. I chose floral pattern for both versions of the bag. Pastel one is lined up with a very gentle jeans looking fabric with flower pattern. And bright lining in matching colors is offered for deep “peacock” kit.
4. Magnetic clasp. I normally use button for clasps on my crocheted bags. But this time I decided to make the clasp invisible.
5. Two metal D-rings for attachment of a bag handle.
6. Two pieces of white medium interfacing to strengthen the bag’s band.
If you are afraid of sewing or you don’t feel comfortable with it (as me) – please, don’t worry. I am preparing a very detailed photo-tutorial on how to sew fabric lining for Peacock Tail Bag. My good friend Kate Tikota (a founder and designer behind the brand TIKOTA UNIQUE) will guide you through each and every step. As we tried to make the lining in as easy way as possible.
|In TIKOTA UNIQUE studio...|
If you don’t feel like purchasing the kit or if you would like to come up with your color combination, you can choose your own shades of yarn at Wool Warehouse* (HERE), Paradise Fibers* (US/CA – HERE) or in your local Scheepjes stores. All other supplies and materials should also be available in your local craft shops.
Just to remind you, the 1st part of Peacock Tail Bag will be released on Wednesday, August 17. So it’s enough time to decide about your own colorway. But if you are located outside UK and would like to purchase the kit – please, hurry up! :)
See you soon!
p.s. You can subscribe to my newsletter not to miss a single post and update. You can also follow me on Facebook, Pinterest and Instagram.